Byggvarubedömningen is a non profit organization owned by large constructors and property owners in Sweden.
- Enable wise choises of material for a good living environment
- Enable good documentation of built in materials for future management
- Stimulate producers of materials to improve their products from an environmental perspective
- Stimulate the producers of materials to take social responsibility in their supply chain
- Be a good and effective tool for documentation and tracking of materials, products and their content
BVBs assessments - chemical content and life-cycle aspekt
All BVBs assessments are based on criterias on chemical content and life cycle aspects. Download BVBs criterias.
In order to assess a product, BVB needs to know the content of the product. Please fill out BVBs application form and Appendix- supplier information and send it to email@example.com.
Please do also attach following documents if your product is:
- An electronic device: RoHS-certificate in accordance with 2011/65/EU
- A chemical product: Safety Data Sheet in accordance with CLP
- To be used indoors: Certificate or report for emissions of VOC's
An assessment takes 10 days. When the assessment is complete you will be able to see the preliminary result on our website and you will always have 14 days to income with complementary information or any comments (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org). After these 14 days the assessment will be published in our database.
BVBs assessments - Social Responsibility
To raise awareness and to systematize the work with Social Responsibility aspects in the supply chain, BVBs members asked BVB to create a system for assessments of Social Responsibility. This was launched in 2016.
BVB's criteria for Social Responsibility takes it start from BVBs Code of Conduct, which is based on:
- ILOs eight fundamental conventions
- UN Principles for Business and Human Rights
- UN Conventions
- Rio Declaration on Environment and Development
- The Geneva Conventions regulating internal and inter-state armed conflicts and also applicable to business in situations of armed conflict, both internal and between two countries.
Self-assessment form & Assessments
BVB recognise the assessment on Social Responsibility as a first step in order to help suppliers to start working with these types of questions in their own operations as well as in the product's supply chain. With this in mind, assessments are not mandatory, rather suppliers are encouraged in a transparent way to report their work with sustainability through this self-assessment form. If you need more information on what is expected of suppliers and how to fill in BVB’s self-assessment form regarding Social Responsibility please read this document.
Once the supplier has answered the questions, the document is sent to email@example.com which will register your answers to the products covered. The ambition is that all products shall have a self-assessment in our database by 2019/2020.
If you are interested in assessing your self-assessment form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org