To raise awareness and to systematize the work with Social Responsibility in the supply chain, Byggvarubedömningen’s members asked us to create a system for assessments on suppliers work with Social Responsibility. This was launched in 2016/2017.
Byggvarubedömningen’s criteria on Social Responsibility takes it start from Byggvarubedömningen’s Code of Conduct, which is based on:
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, article 32
- The ILO Core Convention on Forced Labour, Child Labour, Discrimination and Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining (no. 29, 87, 98, 100, 105, 111, 138 and 182)
- Rio Declaration on Environment and Development
- The UN Convention against Corruption
In addition, suppliers are expected to carry out their work on the basis of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. This work can be summarized in six steps:
- A policy commitment
- Communicating the policy commitment to employees and additional actors in the supply chain
- Division of responsibility
- Procedures for carrying out risk analysis in order to identify and prioritize risks
- Procedures for monitoring compliance and following up risks
- Procedures for preventing and managing deviations
Self-assessment form & Assessments
Byggvarubedömningen recognise the assessments on Social Responsibility as a first step in order to help suppliers to start working with these questions in their own operations as well as in the product's supply chain. With this in mind, assessments are not mandatory rather suppliers are encouraged in a transparent way to report their work with sustainability through this self-assessment form. If you need more information on what is expected of suppliers regarding Social Responsibility please read this document.
Once the supplier has answered the questions, the document is sent to email@example.com which will register your self-assessment to the products covered. There is no cost associated with registration of the self-assessment in Byggvarubedömningen.
If you are interested in assessing your self-assessment form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost for assessing the self-assessment is 5000 SEK.